Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Building Extremely Hard Catapults

 In Te Ngahere we have been learning about kinetic energy and potential energy. Potential energy is when energy is stored up inside of something.  For Example: If you have a bowling ball and push it down a slide its called Potential energy. Kinetic energy is when something is moving, For Example if you have a slingshot and a ball and you let go of the slingshot the ball will fly and that is called kinetic energy. 

With kinetic energy and potential energy we built catapults. 

We did this challenge to see if we could follow instructions work together collaborate and communicate.

I found it challenging to communicate to my group and get ideas from my group to make our catapult better. I think we found it easy to build our catapult out of thin bamboo sticks and rubber bands the rubber bands tied the bamboo sticks together. Next time I think we will try to communicate to each other and make sure everyone has a job.

Have you ever made a catapult before?




4 comments:

  1. Wow Alana , you must have had lots of fun building that catapult. It looks nice and tidy. Did you guys test it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alana this is Alexandrea in your class. I like the way you explained what kinetic energy and potential means. I like the way you used examples so the audience knew what you were talking about. I also like the way you explained what you used to make a catapult.
    Did you enjoy doing kinetic energy, potential energy and making a catapult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alana my name is Ashlyn and I’m a year 6 in your class. I really like your post about Building Extremely Hard Catapults because you said what you did. I also like it because you told me what Potential energy and Kinetic energy are. Next time you could you tell me how you made it. Was your catapult strong or weak?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alana its me Poet from your class, I liked your blog post about ‘’Building Extremely Hard Catapults’’ because I liked that your group combined ideas into one idea and it worked. Your group was not sure about the catapult but then your group tried to get it over 3 metres and it worked.
    Was making the catapult easy?

    ReplyDelete