Pages

Friday, March 12, 2021

A Terrifying Tsunami Evacuation

 On Friday there was a tsunami warning and we had to walk up the hill at the back of our school. 

When we got up on the hill I became scared about my sister because she was working on the water and I thought that the tsunami would happen but it didn't. I was worried at school because I thought the tsunami would come to our school when we were there, and I was trying to stay positive and help my friends to stay positive because they were sad and scared. 

After a while we noticed that there was a really dark bit in the water and there  was a long line across the water. 

My class played a quiz game on our teacher’s phone. We had to answer all the questions that the teacher asked us, and most of them were easy but some were hard.

We stayed up there for about four hours and I was bored and hungry, I also didn't really enjoy it when I was up on the hill.

When we were up on the hill there were very kind people that gave us food and water. 

After we were told that we were safe I felt safe and when I was up the hill I felt safe because we were up high.

Have you ever been in a tsunami or had a tsunami warning before?








3 comments:

  1. Hi Alana my name is Molly and I go to Paihia School. My favourite bit in your blog was your exciting title for the tsunami. We had to go up the hill too because of the tsunami warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Eli from Ahipara School. I was scared when the tsunami happened we went to a very high place in Ahipara. I thought the tsunami wouldve washed out our school. Did you like having a day off school. Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alana I really like your writing about A Terrifying Tsunami Evacuation. It is so cool! Maybe next time you could put some more pictures. Keep up the good work. By Kahurangi

    ReplyDelete